Sunday, October 12, 2008

Snow Run





So its a typical saturday morning, laying in bed trying to figure out the best way to start my morning.
1. Lay around and be lazy till Carson and I meet up later.
2. Go ride my horse before the storm hits.
3. Go to the gym
4. Run a 5k race on a whim in the worst weather of the month.

And the winner is.... the race!! (Like any of you are suprised).
It started out as choice 1, I was laying in bed. I grabbed my laptop and was checking my mail, still under the covers mind you, and saw a headline that there was a 5k race on campus at 10 am. I had about a half hour to get there and get registered, so I booked it into town. The closer to campus I got, the worse the snow was. By the time I got there, it was snowing and blowing so hard I thought they were going to cancel. But, leave it to crazy runners to run a race!!
Needless to say, when I crossed the finish line my entire front was a sheet of ice and snow and my eyes were half frozen. But, I did take first in the womens with a time of 21:29, which is about a 6:50 mile. I think my motivation was to get out of the snow!!

3 comments:

The Campbell's said...

Way to go! Only a true runner fanatic would run in conditions like that. What am I talking about? Think hail on Labor Day's 5K

Kimberly said...

You are INSANE girl!!! Proud of you!

Tami Kippen said...

Dang girl your crazy but good job. You have much more motivation then I do.